A Project that I Enjoyed

In History this year, we were told to make a ‘recipe’ for the Persian Empire. We were learning about the Persians for some time, and our teacher gave us this task as a fun challenge. I made ‘Banana Bread of the Persian Empire’ for my recipe. It has ingredients like: two cups of Kindness Flour and one teaspoon of salty taxes.

I made a procedure that actually could appear in a recipe book. With steps like: Mix the temples and the social hierarchy together until a complex social organization forms. I made a graphic for this recipe as well! I had so much fun making this food metaphor. 

2 thoughts on “A Project that I Enjoyed

1. Wow, it sounds like you really put a lot of thought and creativity into your recipe for the Persian Empire! I love how you used food as a metaphor to represent the different aspects of the empire.
    It’s great to see you making connections between what you’re learning in history and other areas of life. Keep up the good work, Jennifer!

2. Jennifer,

You definitely embraced the food metaphor for the Empire Recipe learning experience. Your graphic is amazing and somebody should actually create a chocolate mold that goes inside some real banana bread! Your bread was creative and surely would be delicious, but don’t forget that a real empire usually creates a difficult life for many people unless they happen to be in the top of the social hierarchy.

Thanks for writing about your experience!
    ~Mr. Harris